DateFebruary 16, 2013
Tags@DRChamber, @JimTenuto, @REFDallas, accountable, business, CEO, CEO Peer Group, Dallas, Dallas Regional Chamber, Dan Sullivan Question, Excellence, Goals, Great Leaders, Growth, Happy with your progress, Iron Sharpens Iron, Jim Tenuto, Leadership, Owners, Peer Group, plan, President, Renaissance Executive Forums Dallas, succeed, Top Executive, vision
“If we were having this discussion 3 years from today, and you were looking back over those 3 years, what has to have happened in your life both personally and professionally, for you to feel happy with your progress?”
It is not enough to survive the storm, or to see 30% growth, or even set up a great team. It’s also about you, your health, your family, your friendships, and your commitment to excellence. It’s about defining and living out your Purpose.
What will it take for you accomplish your personal and professional goals?
When I meet with Business Owners and CEOs here in the Metroplex, I ask them about their vision for themselves and their company, what are their goals and dreams, and what Roadblocks, Obstacles and Challenges are in the way. I want to help them step back far enough to identify what they really want, potential issues that may surprise them along the way, and see how I can support them.
Ask yourself this the Dan Sullivan question right now and then do the following:
- Write down your vision of what things will be like three years from now.
- Put in “out-of-the-box” ideas for growth that will help you get this done.
- Create a detailed plan to get you to that point; both professionally and personally.
- Share it with someone you can trust and ask them to give you candid feedback.
- Make yourself accountable to three other people for accomplishing these goals.
- Set a schedule to meet with these people to keep you on track and get support.
We all need help from others who will sharpen and challenge us to be the great leaders our teams deserve. Renaissance Executive Forums gives you the support you need to reach your goals. Our monthly meetings provide you the clarity insights you only find in a peer to peer environment.
Contact us today and let’s talk about how you would benefit from being a part of one of our CEO Peer Groups.
Call us at (469) – 269 – 5148 or at info@REFDallas.com.
by Robert Hunt